As with any significantly technical project, our first phase was to create a prototype. Working with example telemetry data and a video overlay library specified by the InControl team, we started with simple graphics, basic data and pre-recorded footage. We also spent time looking into the technical capabilities of the GoPro SDK – discussing our findings and expected requirements with the GoPro developer team.
Once we had a working prototype, we went on to explore the InControl SDK and get each of the components talking together. Technical uncertainties resolved, we moved to our usual UX and UI design stage, taking the project requirements through an iterative design process resulting in complete app and IVI wireframes, use case definitions, acceptance criteria and a design theme across all key screens.